Samshield's New & Improved 2.0 Signature Helmet!
This helmet is the result of 4 years of research and development, and has been designed to meet the demands of riders and offer optimum fit, unprecedented comfort and optimized airflow, while still meeting current safety standards.
The helmet is made from cutting-edge materials to enable riders to enjoy their sport to the full and without restraint:
Materials for Optimal Safety
- The outer shell of the Shadowmatt is made of polycarbonate, the same material used for high-end motorcycle helmets, and covered with anti-scratch matt paint.
- The inner shell is made of polystyrene with variable density providing improved dissipation of energy produced upon impact.
- Samshield helmets are compliant with the following safety marks:
- CE EN1384:2017
Size Adjustment for Perfect Fit & Comfort
- Each outer shell can accommodate helmet liners of different sizes to obtain a perfect fit for the rider’s head.
- The interchangeable helmet liners allow the fit of the helmet to adjust according to the growth of a young rider.
Helmet liners are:
- Made from comfort memory foam ensuring a fit that molds to a rider's head.
- Attached to the outer shell by a snap fastening, which is stronger and more stable compared to velcro.
- Removable and can be hand washed.
- The Shadowmatt's front air inlet provides superior ventilation.
Fresh air is channeled from the front inlet to the back extractors around the helmet liner.
- This generates a strong internal airflow avoiding the need for visible and unsightly air inlets: equestrian elegance is retained without compromising technicality and comfort.
The Shadowmatt helmet is available in the following:
- Outer shells are available in S, M, L and XL.
- Inner liners are available from 52cm to 64cm.
*** Helmet liners are sold separately here.
If this is your first time purchasing a Samshield helmet or you would like to change your helmet liner for a better fit - we recommend a fitting in person.