The Rosello Bib Martingale is made from luxury Italian leather.
It can be easily fitted to the horse and adjusted around the shoulder and girth in order to achieve an ideal fit.
The neck straps on this martingale are joined with leather forming what is known as a ‘bib’, this helps keep the riders reins together and also stops the horse reaching back and grabbing the neck straps.
Why use a bib martingale?
A bib martingale works in the same way as a classic running martingale. The addition of a bib keeps the reins closer together and also prevents the horse from getting the neck straps in its mouth. It can be used to help prevent a horse from raising its head above a point where it can be controlled. When the horse raises its head too high the martingale applies leverage through the reins to the bit, encouraging the horses head downwards.
- Italian leather running martingale with leather bib
- Adjustable at shoulder and girth
- Two rings for reins to pass through
- High quality stitching
- Stainless steel buckles and fixtures
Available in the following:
Comes with a reusable Premier Equine canvas zip bag for storage and travel.
We have sourced the finest vegetable tanned Italian leather which is made in the heart of Italy, adopting environmentally friendly processes. As part of the tanning process natural ingredients and plant extracts are used to provide the leather with its exceptional finish.
To maximise the life span of your leather and to help prevent staining, we highly recommend a leather care routine with Effax Leather Cream Soap after each use.
- Use luke-warm water on a damp cloth or soft sponge to gently remove dust, dirt and grease from the surface. Be sure to concentrate on areas around buckles and key points of contact with your horse.
- We recommend conditioning the leather using Effax Leather Cream Soap sparingly, taking great care to rub gently and in a circular motion until all of the product has been absorbed.
- Using a clean cloth, wipe away excess Effax Leather Cream Sosp from the surface.
- Leave the leather to dry naturally in a well-ventilated area, away from direct heat sources.